Sunday, July 13, 2008

Overdrive

This is an interesting little feature we have. It's interesting to see the format of their catalog is similar to ours, so naturally I assumed it was a subset of our catalog and one could find this downloadable content in our catalog.
But, one would be wrong. It's a shame. I wish our catalog could interface with more content that we offer, like the netlibrary, for instance. I do know we have a whole bunch of reference books that are available in the catalog, which is a step, but I wish that the catalog could be the one-stop-shop for "do we have access to this book/material/something that isn't an article."
But, it was interesting to see it again, (as I'd briefly explored it when it was first introduced,) and to see how the collection has grown.

No comments: