Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wikis

So this week we learned about Wikis. I've often used Wikipedia as a starting point in researching something I know absolutely nothing about, but I've never really thought of them as a resource for anything else. I see now that I was wrong!
The website that I found most interesting was the best practices Wiki. It's interesting to see what these people like and recommend versus what my experience has been in the three systems I've worked in, at least to my knowledge. Right now I'm looking at the article regarding OPACs, which seem to interest me.
I suppose the event wikis are also of value, if only because it's probably easier to set them up with the wiki template than coding a brand new website each time, plus we have the added benefit of a familiar user interface.
Adding something to the PBCLS wiki wasn't particularly exciting. I added a link to my blog here, no big deal there.

No comments: